The French Institute of Estonia was created in 1992. It is located on 4 Kuninga Street, in the old Town center. The Institute purpose is to instigate, help, animate and highlight the exchanges between France and Estonia in the following areas of cooperation: French language, sciences, education, higher education, culture and art. It collaborates closely with the French embassy.
The French Institute offers:
- French lessons and language certifications for all publics. The courses take place at the French Institute, Kuninga 4, Tallinn 10146 /firstname.lastname@example.org/tel: (+372) 627 11 91
- A direct support for the teaching of French at school and at university level, as well as a French training program for the Estonian public administration
- A free access to a large French cultural offer: digital books, films, documentaries, newspapers, comics, online games, through the Culturethèque software application
- A CampusFrance space, information hub on research, universities, French courses in France. You can meet the person in charge of promoting French higher education: the person in charge of these questions is present at the French Institiute every Friday from 2 p.m. to 5 p. m.; you can also make an appointment at any time. We also offer seminars (in universities and schools) and webinars which are regularly organized during the year.
- Cultural and artistic partnerships in all creative industries: contemporary music, theater, cinema, design, architecture and urban planning… The Institute also organizes and participates in many cultural festivals in Estonia.